*COMPLETION REQUIRED PRIOR TO GYM ENTRY
PARTICIPANT SCREENING QUESTIONAIRE
ADDITIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19
as per the Ministry of Health Recommendations
Wellness Checks / Screening
- All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
- All participants will complete a health check each day and this will be confirmed upon arrival at the gymnasium.
- We have the right to deny entry to any individual who has any of the symptoms outlined in the COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms on the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website, or who has come in close contact with a person with symptoms of or confirmed COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to session if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days and are to remain home until a negative test or confirmation from their doctor that it is safe to return to ABA sessions.
- Parents are encouraged to seek medical support and/or COVID-19 testing if their child or a member of their household shows symptoms and to remain home until they receive a negative test or the confirmation from their doctor that it is safe to return to ABA sessions.
- In order to assist with contract tracing if the need arises, we ask parents to email: firstname.lastname@example.org to report absences and to include a note if the absence is related to COVID-19 symptoms.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content will be placed at all screening stations and entrances to the gym.
- Daily records will be kept to indicate anyone (e.g., participants, parent/guardian, staff and visitors) entering the program setting who stays for 15 minutes or longer. These records will be kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case or outbreak.
- Participants or staff who have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded from the program setting for 14 days.
- If a participant begins to experience symptoms of COVID-19 while attending any session, they’ll be immediately separated from others in a supervised area until they can go home. In addition, where possible, any staff providing care to the participant will be maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres.
- The local public health unit will then be contacted to notify them of a potential case, and we’ll notify all parties involved.
- Staff will wash hands and / or sanitize before and after each session.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available by entrance and exits of the building/gymnasium. Participants will be encourage to wash hands and /or sanitize before and after each session.
- We’ll be using only equipment made of material that can be cleaned and disinfected.
- Minimizing the sharing and frequency of touching objects, equipment, surfaces, and other personal items.
- Maintaining consistent cohorts throughout each week.
- Incorporating more individual activities or activities that encourage more space between participants.
- Ensuring participants have their own individual, snacks, and water bottles that will be separated from others, and not shared between cohorts.
- Pick-up and drop-off procedures to support physical distancing and cohorting using strategies such as, but not limited to: avoiding group transportation, separate cohort entrances, having one designated parent/guardian pick-up and drop-off each participant, staggering entry, and limiting the numbers of people in entry areas.
Interested in developing your skills and taking
your game to the next level?
Come join us for full week ABA basketball camps or ABA High School Basketball Workouts in March and July; or contact Coach Loucks directly regarding private one-on-one basketball lessons and small group training sessions.
The ABA is now offering THURSDAY EVENING Skills Development Sessions!